Stressed Out by Nora Konrad

How do you get it all done?

This has been the question swirling around my head for weeks. I’m a senior, and right now everything feels like too much. I am an all or nothing type of person. If I am going to do something, I am going to do it well. I am unsatisfied with mediocrity, and this can become an issue when things add up, because I don’t know what’s a priority. I want to be a good student and do well in school. But I’m also applying to college. Film school to be more precise. So do college applications need to be my first priority? I’m also the president of film club, and I want to find cool opportunities and make it fun. It’s hard to find a balance.
So do you see the conundrum? Everything is important. So what do I focus on first? I hope I’m not the only person feeling this way. But I think just about every high school student can relate to being stressed out.

After many overwhelmed freak-outs, I’ve figured out a couple things I try to do when I’m feeling stressed out:

1. Make a list of everything that needs to get done
  2. Work at the coffee shop
    1. My favorite places to work include: Van Aken, Phoenix, and the Art Museum
  3. Get exercise
  4.  Dance it Out
  5. Listen to good music
  6. Hang out with friends
  7. Take a break, watch TV, do something fun

So even though there is a lot to get done, I try to remember that it isn’t the end of the world because I’m trying my best. And that’s all I can do.