Confidence By Nolwenn Chemali

Confidence is a confusing concept. How can one be so comfortable with who one is but balance cognitive dissonance in the background? To what extent can we label someone confident without knowing how they truly feel?

We often tend to look at someone at first glance and judge their confidence level based on how they act. This is without knowing who they are, their interests, or their hobbies. I often find myself looking up to people I don’t know for their confidence. This is a strange concept to me because we all know that things are never as perfect as they seem, but for some reason, it gives us a model of what we’d like to be like.

After spending a lot of time balancing the concept of confidence, I’ve noticed that it’s not linear and that we cannot judge ourselves for being “less confident” on certain days or compare ourselves to other people because they seem like they have their lives figured out. Confidence is meant for us to explore and define for ourselves, and I think we could all be a little nicer to ourselves on this journey. We all interact with the world differently, and it’s essential to focus on ourselves!!!

4 thoughts on “Confidence By Nolwenn Chemali

1. I really love this blog, its a bit of an unspoken subject so im glad you talked about it! This made me feel less alone!