Fall in Love with a Good Book!

Leaves are changing colors, the air is crisper, homework is being piled on students…yep it’s finally fall. The seasons have changed and you’re getting back into the groove of things. A chill is starting to settle into your bones as the temperature drops. Last year’s sweaters are beginning to see the light of day as stores start to stock hot cocoa. Even if you’re wishing for the return of carefree summer days or for the year to speed ahead to winter break, there is still something undeniably cozy about fall.

What’s not to love about the crunch of red and golden leaves underneath your feet, the wind whistling through trees, and the eerie coziness of the shortening days. 
This autumnal coziness makes it a perfect time to grab a book and hunker down! 
The cold weather is ideal for cuddling up with a book and a cup of tea or hot chocolate to pass the time til summer rolls around again. As we become set in our patterns and burdened with stress, delving into a fictional world is a great way to escape our problems.
Occasionally when I’m feeling stressed I pick up a book and just get lost. Reading is one of the best activities for a cozy fall day, so stop what you’re doing and pick up a book! So if you are reading this blog it’s your lucky day because whether you are stressed or just need an escape, I have a list of books perfect for this fall season! 
Since fall is a time of remembrance try reading some classics or childhood favorites. Or you can read something entirely new! Here I have compiled a list of some of my favorite fall reads!
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Nancy Drew Mysteries by Carolyn Keene
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Enjoy your reading! Or if reading isn’t your thing, pick up a pen and start to write. Relieve your stress by releasing it onto paper!

By: Maria White