Current Ben & Jerry’s Flavors: RANKED! by Brendan Zbanek

Ben & Jerry's | Friendly Center

Four years at Ben & Jerry’s. A lot of ice cream flavors. A lot of ice cream was consumed. Looking back, we have rotated through flavors with a revolving door. Some of them were good, and some of them were simply not good. So may I present to you: Ranking the Current Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavors Available Currently!

1. Milk & Cookies – A classic, you can’t go wrong. Always my first suggestion and first choice.
  2. The Tonight Dough Starring Jimmy Fallon – SO GOOD. There is a lot going on, but it’s for the best.
  3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Again, another classic. B&J was actually the first company to make this ice cream, so it has a very special place in our store.
  4. Half Baked – Probably our most popular. Can’t go wrong if you’re a vanilla or chocolate person; you will love it no matter what.
  5. Marshmallow Sky – Super sweet, so you can’t have it all the time. But when it hits, IT HITS.
  6. Mint Chocolate Chip – Classic. The chunks of chocolate are so satisfying to crunch.
  7. Strawberry – Best strawberry ice cream I’ve ever had. The little chunks of strawberries really steal the show, and it just tastes fresh.
  8. Sweet Cream & Cookies – Your normal cookies & cream, just a little richer and better.
  9. Berry Berry Extraordinary Sorbet – A lot of people don’t like this one, but I personally really do. Only in the summer though–it has the perfect level of sweetness.
  10. Dirt Cake – I didn’t like this one at first, but it grew on me.
  11. Lemonade Sorbet – Another one that’s only good in the summer.
  12. Netflix & Chill’d – Not usually the biggest fan of peanut butter ice cream, but the brownies and pretzels make this one incredible.
  13. Lights! Caramel! Action! – Brand new! I’m sure my liking for it will go away soon. But for now, I love it.
  14. Vanilla – Classic. Just good, solid, plain ice cream that tastes really good.
  15. Strawberry Cheesecake – Don’t love this one, don’t hate this one. Wouldn’t choose to have it, but wouldn’t mind having it.
  16. Phish Food – If you like chocolate, this will be your favorite. The marshmallow swirls are so good.
  17. Mint Chocolate Chance – Just mink chocolate chunk, but not as good. Eh.
  18. Gimme S’more! – Somewhat bland, but I don’t dislike it.
  19. Peanut Butter Cup Sundae – This is by far the hardest one to scoop, which is why it is so low, but the peanut butter cups are to die for.
  20. Salted Caramel Blondie – Not the biggest caramel fun, but this one is incredible (only occasionally, though).

I’m not going to describe the next twelve because, honestly, I don’t really like any of them that much… They are all good, but I think these are just flavors that I have grown extremely tired of, or the ones that are hardest to scoop, which I just hold a personal grudge against. (Fair warning: I don’t like chocolate ice cream, I don’t like coconut, I don’t like any nuts in ice cream, and I don’t like coffee ice cream, so take my rankings with a grain of salt!)

21. Americone Dream

22. Churray For Churros!

23. Coffee, Coffee, Buzz Buzz Buzz

24. Chocolate

25. Cherry Garcia

26. Chocolate Fudge Brownie

27. Butter Pecan

28. Chocolate Therapy

29. Chewy Gooey Cookie

30. Chunky Monkey

31. Coconut Seven Layer Bar

32. New York Super Fudge Chunk

Although we may not have as many flavors as Mitchell’s Ice Cream (go read Meg’s blog which was the inspiration for this!), Ben & Jerry’s has some pretty darn good flavors! Some of my least favorites are some of the most popular ones, so come in and try them all! Well, don’t actually try them all, I will be really annoyed if I have to get you 32 samples…

5 thoughts on “Current Ben & Jerry’s Flavors: RANKED! by Brendan Zbanek

1. We actually went to Ben & Jerry’s last night and were sad to see that you were not there, managing the heck out of that store. Now, I hadn’t read this yet, so don’t judge my scoop choice…it was the Churray for Churros! I liked the cinnamon and caramel combo. Cherry Garcia is also a favorite with both of my kids…I’m guessing that you don’t like scooping that one? And I ALSO agree about chocolate ice creams; there are just so many other, better desserts for chocolate fans.