Things I Am Looking Forward To By Claire Borden

Free Excited Cliparts, Download Free Excited Cliparts png images, Free  ClipArts on Clipart Library

As a second semester senior who is committed to college, a lot of things feel pointless right now. It is incredibly difficult to find motivation for schoolwork or even to go to school because I no longer feel like I am working towards anything. Because of this, I have been finding it helpful to think of little things to be excited about. So here is a list of things that I am looking forward to that are coming up within the next month or so; I hope it inspires you to come up with your own list!

1.Ted Lasso season 3- Jakeia just informed me that the new season of Ted Lasso is coming out in 10 days, and although I have only known about this for five minutes, I can’t wait! Last year my family would watch an episode every Sunday after dinner, and I can’t wait to restart this ritual. My family has been incredibly busy and preoccupied this past couple of months, so hopefully our favorite soccer coach will help us make more of an effort to spend quality time together.

2. Getting my hair cut and highlighted on Thursday- I have been holding off an doing this for months because of how expensive it is, and because I usually like to wait until closer to summer. But last week I decided you can’t put a price tag on confidence! When I like my hair I feel so much better about myself and right now that feels worth the money.

3. The release of the Eras Tour setlist – I am soooo excited to make a playlist of all the songs and put them on repeat. I refuse to go to the concert without knowing every lyric to every single song.

4. Five day weekend!!!- I have been so overwhelmed and underslept and behind on work, so I am really looking forward to sleeping in, setting my own routine, and hanging out with my friends.

5. Deep cleaning my room, closet, and car- cleaning and decluttering is soo satisfying to me, and I know it will be much easier to be productive when I feel good in my space.

6. Getting to run again- the sun setting early and bitterly cold weather has kept me from running consistently this past couple of months (even though I probably could have) so I can’t wait to get back into the routine of running outside multiple times a week, and going to North Chagrin Reservation on the weekends. I am also excited to bust out the Garmin watch I got for Christmas!

7. Starting a rewatch of a new TV show- I just finished Gilmore Girls, which I have been watching since late summer, and I am shopping around for a new comfort show to rewatch. I am thinking New Girl, 30 Rock or Glee.

3 thoughts on “Things I Am Looking Forward To By Claire Borden