Music Music Music! by Matilda Spadoni

I thought I’d do some sort of list blog this week. They are always my favorite to write and I have also been listening to some new music so I thought I would share some of my top songs

1: Photo ID by Remi Wolf

My sister introduced me to “Hello Hello Hello” by Remi Wolf, and since then I’ve been hooked. When I want an upbeat tune her music hits the spot. Every time. Photo ID is one of those songs I recognized and could sing along to but didn’t know the name, until this Sunday. Now that I know what to search for, I listen to it all the time.

2: Kill Her Freak Out by Samia

There are going to be a couple Samia songs in this list because she is coming to Cleveland. The tickets are 20 dollars. I want to go, and I know some of her music, but I’m desperately trying to know more so I can sing along at the concert.

This song has weird lyrics that maybe shouldn’t be calming, but they really are. It calms my brain and it feels like a heavy blanket.

3: Mad at Me by Samia

This next Samia song is also calming but more in the light, airy, free, and flowy way. That’s all I have to say about that one.

4: True Blue by Boy Genius

Boy Genius is back! And I’m going to be honest, I didn’t listen to them a whole bunch the last time they released music, but now that I am an avid Lucy Dacus and Phoebe Bridgers listener, I’m obsessed. True Blue gives off very much Phoebe vibes, which would make sense because she created it. Nonetheless, this song is fun and sing-along-able.

5: Homesick by Noah Kahn

This song is chef’s kiss. This whole album is. All I want is to go see him in concert, but it is four days after I leave to work at camp, and I don’t have a car. Soo.

6: Ghost in the Machine by SZA (ft. Phoebe Bridgers)

SZA and Phoebe Bridgers??! On one track??? What else could I ask for? Also unrelated but I saw that SZA’s album cover is a replica of the photo of Princess Diana on the yacht right before she died, and now I can’t stop thinking about it.

I could list so many other songs. I am always listening to Taylor Swift, Maude Latour, UMI, Maggie Rogers, maybe a little sprinkle of Arlo Parks and Orla Gartland. Lately I have been into Lana Del Rey and INJI. So yes. These were just some of the songs I have been listening to nonstop.

2 thoughts on “Music Music Music! by Matilda Spadoni

1. OMG OMG OMG. I love Samia with my whole heart. I went to her concert at the Grog Shop last January (?) I think. It was amazing. You should so go to her concert in April. I will see you there!