Ranking Every. Single. Mitchell’s. Ice Cream. Flavor. (Including Seasonals) by Meg Hahnenberg

Mitchell's

I’ve been working at Mitchell’s for what feels like forever (approximately 1 & 1/2 years). Over the time I’ve spent scooping ice cream, I’ve been able to sample my fair share. I’ve had some really good flavors, and some not so great flavors. So for my blog this month, I decided I would finally rank EVERY SINGLE ice cream flavor that Mitchell’s has/had. Granted, my favorite flavors change depending on the season and mood I’m in, but hopefully this will give you a general sense of the best flavors (in my opinion). Without further ado, here are Mitchell’s 60+ ice cream flavors ranked.

1. Pralines and Cream – I LOVE this flavor. No matter what other flavor I try, I will always come back to this flavor. I just love the caramel ribbon it has in it.
  2. Vegan Chocolate Cookie Butter – THIS ONE. Although it is a seasonal, and I’m not sure when we are getting it back, when we have this flavor, I love to get it with a bit of peanut butter and whipped cream. This is also really good in milkshakes.
  3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup – I just love chocolate and peanut butter – best combo.
  4. Caramel Fudge Brownie – To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the brownies at Mitchell’s. However, I LOVE their caramel ribbon.
  5. Vegan Salted Caramel Pecan – This is fabulous paired with Vegan Chocolate.
  6. Tiramisu – Another seasonal, this one is my favorite coffee flavored ice cream I’ve ever had. We have it in store now, so go get some!
  7. Caramelized Chocolate – I used to think this was an all-year-round ice cream, but unfortunately this is a seasonal šŸ™
  8. Amaretto Cookie – I honestly thought I would hate this flavor, boy was I WRONG.
  9. Cookies and Cream – A classic.
  10. Birthday Cake – Life is best when Mitchell’s is serving this ice cream.
  11. Peppermint Stick – So good with hot fudge!
  12. Pumpkin Spice – This is such a good fall seasonal. Paired with Pralines and Cream and a little bit of caramel – Yum!
  13. Double Chocolate Chunk – This used to be my all time favorite flavor. I would get it every single time I went to Mitchell’s. It still holds a special place in my heart.
  14. Cookie Dough – Another Mitchell’s class.
  15. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk – I am devastated they do not make this flavor any more.
  16. Fresh Mint Chocolate Chunk – I love chocolate and mint, one of the best combos.
  17. Campfire S’mores – This is really good with hot fudge.
  18. Coffee Chocolate Chunk – Coffee and chocolate is also a great combo!
  19. Caramel Sea Salt – This is a little salty for my taste, but I love caramel regardless!
  20. Vegan Chocolate – This was the first vegan flavor I ever had, and I was BLOWN AWAY.
  21. Vegan Buckeye – I hate scooping this flavor, but the fudge ribbon is incredible.
  22. Vegan Cold Brew – I need this to come back!
  23. Lemon Black Raspberry Yogurt – My FAVORITE Summer flavor.
  24. Wildberry Crumble – This is a really popular flavor, and I respect the hype.
  25. Mint Cookies and Cream – We normally have this flavor in March for St. Patrick’s day! Gotta love some mint
  26. Raspberry Sorbet – This used to be an all-year-round ice sorbet, but no, Mitchell’s decided to make this classic a seasonal.
  27. Lemon Sorbet – this is REALLY good with Raspberry Sorbet.
  28. Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk – I love this one, but for some reason I’m never in the mood for it.
  29. Butter Pecan – Solid flavor.
  30. Chocolate – Again, a classic.
  31. Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Yogurt – The chocolate pretzels in this are so fun.
  32. Fresh Strawberry – This flavor is randomly very crumbly, if it wasn’t, it would probably be in my top 10!
  33. Dark Roast Coffee – GREAT with chocolate shavings.
  34. Fresh Strawberry Chocolate Chunk – A good seasonal, same as Fresh Strawberry but with those incredible dark chocolate chunks
  35. Turtle Brownie – This flavor is good, but in my opinion, it’s not all that great.
  36. Vegan Chocolate Mint Truffle – I’d rather have Vegan Chocolate, but I do love mint.
  37. Blue Cosmo – This flavor gives me a headache, it is by far the sweetest flavor at Mitchell’s
  38. Bing Cherry Chocolate Chunk – Grandfathers love this flavor.
  39. Banana Cream Pie – I don’t really like marshmallow and banana together.
  40. Vanilla Bean – This is a respectable flavor, it is actually one of the Mitchell’s brothers favorite ice creams! (I can’t remember if it is Pete or Mike)
  41. Rocky Road – They discontinued this over a year ago, and people still ask for – just goes to show how much people love some Rocky Road.
  42. Fresh Peach – The Fresh Peach Sundae makes my heart happy.
  43. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle – I thought I would love this one, but I just like it.
  44. Chocolate Chip – Good.
  45. Green Mint Cookies and Cream – Honestly, the only reason this is so far down is because I’m scared of the color. Why is it so green?
  46. Geauga Maple Walnut – Tastes like eating maple syrup, but in a good way.
  47. Vanilla Bean Yogurt – I miss this flavor, it was so easy to scoop.
  48. Mango Sorbet – Not a huge fan of mango, but still a good flavor.
  49. Toasted Hazelnut – Not very rememberable, but completely acceptable.
  50. Cookies and Scream – Absolutely not. Just get regular Cookies and Cream. This flavor is colored more brightly than an orange highlighter.
  51. Coconut Chocolate Almond – This would be a lot higher if it didn’t have almonds in it.
  52. Cinnamon – This flavor is just missing something, I’m just not sure what.
  53. Key Lime Pie – People LOVE this flavor when it is warm out. Although I love key lime pie, this flavor just isn’t for me.
  54. No Sugar Added Fat-Free Vanilla – This flavor tastes like if an ice cube was flavored with vanilla extract. I mean I’ll still eat it.
  55. Autumn Caramel Apple – I thought this was going to be my favorite flavor. Alas, it has almonds.
  56. Toasted Pistachio – I love pistachios, but just not in ice cream form.
  57. Vegan Pistachio – Ditto.
  58. Caramel Gingersnap – I just don’t like ginger.
  59. Egg Nog – Never been a huge fan of Egg Nog, and don’t see a need for it as an ice cream.
  60. Lavender Honey – Tastes like soap.
  61. Strawberry JalapeƱo – You’ve got to try this at least once in your life. It tastes like strawberry, but then all of a sudden the spice kicks in.
  62. Swiss White Chocolate – No. This tastes like watered-down Play-Doh with a ton of sugar added.

Now for the flavors I’ve never had – aka the seasonal flavors they haven’t had since I started working at Mitchell’s

1. Chocolate Caramel Macaroon – I want to try this SO MUCH
  2. Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut – This sound like Nutella, and I love Nutella
  3. Coffee and Cookies Yogurt – This sounds incredible
  4. Coconut – I love coconut.
  5. Coconut Chocolate Chip – I love coconut with chocolate.
  6. Porter Chocolate Chunk – I love chocolate.
  7. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp- Sounds good!
  8. Christmas Ale Gingersnap – Again, don’t like ginger.

Thank you for reading! Please let me know your favorite flavors in the comments!

14 thoughts on “Ranking Every. Single. Mitchell’s. Ice Cream. Flavor. (Including Seasonals) by Meg Hahnenberg

1. as a grandfather i can attest to my love of bing cherry chocolate chunk. it is so good. too low on this list.

2. Respectfully, you’re so wrong. Swiss white chocolate on the bottom of the list and pralines and cream on the top??? Opinions can’t be wrong but somehow you’ve managed (:

3. Meg! I love this topic! You reminded me how boring I am when it comes to trying new Mitchell’s flavours; I need to try more! However, I have one concern; the green adds so much to the mint chocolate chunk. The color adds so much flavor, even if it just is psychological.

4. Whoa, you opened a can of worms with this controversy! I tend to agree with your reviews. Some of my faves: Amaretto cookie, Caramel Fudge Brownie, Campfire S’mores, Mint Cookies and Cream, Fresh Strawberry (in a shake), Key Lime Pie. Now, I really want to try Tiramisu!

5. Firstly, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is soooo good. I feel sad that you haven’t gotten to experience it because it would definitely be in the top 25 of your list. Secondly, I think I mostly agree with your list except for Lavender Honey, which I love (but understand that it’s a very distinct soapy flavor and not for everyone), but white chocolate is a freaking sin so definitely appropriate for it to be at the bottom of this list. Lastly, this list is so inspiring and now I want to try every flavor at Mitchell’s.

6. I tired Strawberry Chocolate Chunk and I wasn’t sure at first… but I kinda love it. All the seasonals this time of year are so good!!!