How Come We Don’t Get 104 Days of Summer Vacation by Sarah Marcus

“There’s a hundred and four days of summer vacation/Then school comes along just to end it.”

As a child, I always believed I had 104 days of summer vacation. However, there were only 79 days between the last day of my junior year and the first day of my senior year. I was given a false expectation of having summer break for over 100 days. Instead, this summer, I was robbed of 25 days (almost a whole month) and was given summer work and college applications to do ALL summer. So here is a list of the 25 Phineas and Ferb-inspired things that I would do if I had 25 more days of summer.

1. Rewatch Phineas and Ferb.
  2. If I had 25 extra days of summer and $160 extra dollars in my bank account to buy a lego Rocket Launch Center, I would totally do it. Sounds like a nice way to destress from these college applications.
  3. I would go to the zoo and see a platypus. I would then put it in a fedora.
  4. A trip to France would be an amazing way to spend this extra month of summer. If I have to do schoolwork, I would rather it be in France.
  5. While I’m in France, I could attend Paris Fashion Week and model Phineas and Ferb’s classic outfits for them.
  6. I might not be able to build a roller coaster, but I wouldn’t mind a nice trip to Cedar Point, or Disney Land, or Six Flags or Disney World, or all of them because I have 25 extra days.
  7. “Discovering something that doesn’t exist.” You never know if our lack of flying cars is because as a society, kids are not given long enough summer vacations.
  8. Once I make tons of money for “discovering something that doesn’t exist,” I can use that money to spend $400 on a lego rollercoaster set.
  9. Create a blueprint for a machine that ends in “-ator” while wearing a white lab coat.
  10. Learn what the Tri-State area is.
  11. “Surfing tidal waves.” I would love to learn how to surf. I could do this while I’m in Florida/California at Disney World/Land.
  12. Go to a Lindana concert.
  13. Visit Drusselstein.
  14. Or, more importantly, visit “Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.”
  15. Learn the words to every single song in the show.
  16. While I cannot “[locate] Frankenstein’s brain,” I could finally get around to reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
  17. I could read every book adaptation of Phineas and Ferb.
  18. Become a Fireside Girl like Isabella.
  19. Visit Mount Rushmore and see if Candace’s face is still there.
  20. Spend $30 on the Perry onesie on Amazon and wear it in public.
  21. Randomly shout “where’s Perry” in public.
  22. Finally learn where Perry is.
  23. Have “The Best Lazy Day Ever.”
  24. Get the Phineas and Ferb theme song out of my head. (I know it has also been in your head since you began reading this).
  25. Or, you know, do the summer work I was supposed to do on time. (While watching Phineas and Ferb in the background, obviously).

6 thoughts on “How Come We Don’t Get 104 Days of Summer Vacation by Sarah Marcus

1. Sarah,
    That would be a lot to pack in to 25 extra days. Though, crunching things in to short periods of time is the specialty of a procrast-inator. (Get it? Doofenshmirtz’s -inators?)

2. I can’t believe this is how I realize we do not, in fact, get 104 days of summer vacation. I feel cheated 🙁