Tarot Card Reading by Carrington Hughes

This past weekend, I went on a trip to Rhode Island to go on a couple of college tours. After finishing one of my tours, my mother and I decided to walk around the city  in order to get a better feel for the campus environment. We ate, we talked, we laughed, we cried, and then, suddenly, I saw it. “Psychic readings here” plastered in big, bold hot pink letters across the front of a run down building. I screamed, causing my mother and other fellow pedestrians to flinch. I ran towards the establishment and knocked frantically as I anxiously waited to see the powerful woman who would be reading my future. We waited at the door for about 8 minutes until we finally realized that no one was coming. Naturally, I was disappointed that this so called “psychic” couldn’t foresee my arrival so I then proceeded to call the number on the window to see if I could contact her another way. She answered, irritatingly, and said that she was on vacation. I replied, nicely, and asked why her open sign was still turned on. She hung up and my mother and I continued our venture across campus. I found one store that had a lot of pretty crystals which I decided to enter because I am very easily entertained. Coincidentally, I found out that one of the workers did tarot card readings and I FINALLY got my future read. I know you’re on the edge of your seat to find out what he said but I promise you it was fairly anti-climatic. Nonetheless, I enjoyed every second of it and I look forward to seeing my tarot reading bestie in the future <3.