What I’ve Been Doing in Quarantine by Gabbi Fortin

At first, when quarantine started I was bored out of my mind. But I’ve been really lucky to be able to find things to fill up my time, after school work, of course. Here is a list of activities I’ve been doing while practicing social distancing!

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

When I was really young I would play Animal Crossing on my DS with all of my cousins to fill time. When I heard that the creators of Animal Crossing had made a new version of the game, I immediately checked how much money I had saved upfrom babysitting and bought the game and the console needed. I am so glad I made the purchase! Not only am I reminiscing about my childhood, but it’s also just a really fun way to spend my time. The game takes a lot of patience and timeto get through, which is something I have a lot of right now.

2. Running

With rowing canceled, I have no way to erg or get on the water. So in order to maintain and build my fitness level, I’ve been doing a lot of running. Although it’s something that I don’t particularly enjoy, I’ve definitely been getting faster and I’ve been appreciating the sport a lot more. 

3. Bedazzling!

This sounds lame, I know. But a few weeks ago I learned how to bedazzle things. It’s not an expensive craft at all, and it doesn’t require a lot of skill. All you need is glue, a syringe, tweezers, rhinestones, and of course whatever you want to bedazzle. Although it takes a lot of time and patience, the end results have been fairly worthwhile. So far I’ve only bedazzled my graphing calculator’s case and a La Croix can, but I’m brainstorming more things to bedazzle. A picture of my new calculator is attached!

4. I got a kitten!

Probably the most exciting thing I’ve been up to, I got a kitten only four days ago. Her name is Rose and she is so cute and so much fun to play with! Her favorite thing to do is to sprint all around my room at 7 AM. What a joy! Although my first cat isn’t too excited about the new addition, we’ll get her there. 

And that’s the gist of what I’ve been up to during quarantine! Even though it’s not the most exciting stuff, I’m really grateful that I have the resources to not be bored during quarantine. Stay safe, stay healthy, and please social distance!