I am a self described plant mom. I have around fourteen potted plants at various places around my room. The other day, I was thinking about how I would have to leave most of my plants at home when I go to college. I was so sad and of course the obvious course of action is to buy another plant, which is exactly what I did. So I thought why not write my blog about plants. My plant obsession started a few years ago with a succulent and my collection grew to the 14 assorted potted plants I have today. In my humble opinion I think everyone should have at least one potted plant. Here’s why.
- They’re super cute. You cannot argue with me on this. Need to spruce up your room? Boom potted plant.
- They reduce anxiety and stress- According to a study published in the Journal of Physiological Anthropology, interacting with houseplants, like touching, watering, etc, can reduce physiological and psycological stress.
- You can give them silly names. I personally have an Aloe Vera plant named Queen Latifah and a cactus named Jorge.
- It feels nice to take care of something and see it grow.
- Your parents won’t let you get a dog? Fill that puppy shaped void in your heart with lots and lots of plants.