Goodbye, farewell, so long by Mariah Jordan

Goodbye, farewell, so long, Shaker. It’s been a great 13 years, but, the time has come that we must part ways.

With days left until my high school graduation, I’ve decided to dedicate this blog to the 13 highest and lowest moments of my adolescent educational journey. Low: early mornings and late nights. High: field trips to the high school planetarium. Low: my current computer science grade. High: the people. Low: throwing up in middle school study hall. High: 6th grade camp. Low: falling in front of your entire 5th grade class during an overly competitive game of kickball. High: 100th day of kindergarten. Low: level 1, level 2, and level 3. High: elementary SGORR visits. Low: being rejected from the middle school volleyball team. High: holidays and birthdays in elementary school. Low: missing the late bus at the middle school. High: graduating (aka getting the heck out of Shaker).

Writing this, on the brink of tears, I’ve concluded that the highest of the high is the separation, the departure from the place that has been my home for 13 years. I’m happy to say it. But, is that so bad?

Now is the time to apply classroom topics into reality, to fail and succeed on my own, and to venture into the real world where I will be sure to be safe, respectful, and responsible.