Relaxed Nothingness??? by Ava Byrne

I have been reflecting on our 5-turned-6 day weekend and I realized something. I have never felt as relaxed as I did during those 6 days. I cannot remember ever feeling this way all of high school. Not on the weekends, not during winter break, not during spring break, not ever. Why was I so relaxed you ask?? There was absolutely nothing to do. There was nothing hanging over my head. I was just… at peace. See, I do nothing quite frequently but that time is usually spent with underlying anxiety. This feeling occurs because I’m usually doing nothing to avoid doing something.  Not this weekend though. It felt amazing to do nothing without a care in the world. 

I take after my Dad in that I am a chronic procrastinator. Unlike my Dad though, who relishes in the time crunch of doing something last minute, I tend to become overwhelmed and freeze. The past two years I have become much better in managing my time but I still have a tendency to leave my homework until Sunday night. I don’t like how anxious procrastinating makes me and I’m ready to vanquish it once and for all. That is why I’ve decided that this semester, the last semester I will ever spend at Shaker Heights High School, I am turning over a new leaf. I am going to try to the best of my abilities to complete my homework at the beginning of the weekend so I can have at least one day of relaxed nothingness. Procrastination?? I don’t know even her. I will report back on how this goes in my next blog.